Insignificant wounds (cuts, scratches) make at least the one fifth all traumas which are received by the person. They are characterised by bleeding of a certain force and defeat superficial слоёв skin and fabrics of various depth. Especially often all grazes and scratches "accompany" the small children who have not got used yet to be accurate and reasonable. It would seem, what can be simpler, than process such wound? All know an approximate operations procedure: to wash out, disinfect, paste a plaster or to impose bandage. Let's talk, how it correctly to do.
Types of wounds:
Rezanye: put with a sharp subject (more often a knife, the razor, glass).
The chopped: deeper are put with a falling subject with a keen edge.
The chipped: are put with a knife, a dagger, a nail, a pitchfork or other sharp subjects, narrow and deep.
The hurt: arise under the influence of pressure, at blow a stupid subject, during the falling or a body sdavleniye.
The fragmentary: result from a rupture of skin at its tension.
The bitten: on appearance remind hurt or lacerations. Are dangerous in the infection development plan as a result of action of a saliva of an animal.
The fire: are caused by bullets and splinters of shells. These wounds are characterised by existence of a small roundish entrance opening (a place of an entrance of a bullet), and a big exhaust outlet (a place of an exit of a bullet from a body).
Its processing becomes first aid at emergence of a wound. As it was already mentioned above, it is very simple procedure which, however, interferes with emergence of complications and (at the correct approach) almost three times reduces time of healing of damage.
1. Processing of a wound should be carried out purely washed up hands
2. Blood clears a wound of an infection, having protective effect. Thus, there is nothing terrible that on a skin surface around a cut or scratch there are some scarlet drops is, it is possible to tell, even it is useful. Bleeding from insignificant wounds, as a rule, stops quickly.
3. More intensive bleeding should be stopped independently as big losses of blood are necessary to nobody. It is possible to use a slice of a gauze which is necessary for putting to a wound densely. If blood starts to filter, impose one more rag over previous, without removing bottom that bleeding has not renewed.
4. Opinions concerning, whether it is necessary to wash out a wound flowing water, disperse. Here 2 ways are possible: to rinse a wound (there is even a recommendation to use thus soap), or to use disinfectant solution and hydrogen peroxide on its edges. Remember: disinfectant solution, getting to a wound, causes death of the damaged cages, thereby causing considerable pain. Strictly it is not recommended to process a wound spirit solutions and iodine. If nearby there is neither water, nor peroxides, it is enough to cover damage from above with a pure gauze, then to impose a layer of cotton wool and to tie up everything bandage. By no means it is impossible to impose cotton wool directly on a wound.
5. If it is a question of insignificant cuts and scratches, as a "dressing" material it is possible to use a medical adhesive plaster. However be accurate - sometimes it causes an allergy.
6. Application of ointments, including containing an antibiotic, is one more controversial question of medicine. Perhaps, the majority of experts holds the opinion that it is impossible to strew a wound with any powders or to grease with creams in house conditions. The risk of emergence of by-effects (for example, rashes or inflammations) is too great. On the other hand, many ointments reduce risk of infection and accelerate healing.
Signs of infection of a wound. At any casual damage microbes get to a wound. It occurs or at once, at the moment of defeat (primary infection), or later - harmful microorganisms "move" from surrounding skin, clothes and other subjects. In case of dangerous infection mestno, in the field of a wound, reddening of its edges, hypostasis, pain, temperature increase of fabrics around the defeat centre, emergence of purulent vydeleniye (sometimes yellow or green colour) are noted. At emergence of the described symptoms it is necessary to address immediately to the doctor.