Dark blue nails
Emergence of cyanotic colouring of a nail is traditional connected only with the various conditions associated with deficiency of oxygen. Nevertheless, a circle of the diseases leading to this symptom, essentially more widely. The differential diagnosis of dark blue colouring of a nail and/or surrounding fabrics is presented in table 6
- Gipoksemiya (акроцианоз)
- Chronic intoxication compounds of silver (Argiry)
- Gepatolentikulyarny degeneration (Wilson-Konovalova illness)
- Metgemoglobinemiya, sulfagemoglobinemiya
- Hereditary akrolabialny teleangioektaziya
- Drugs: акрихин, хлорохин, миноциклин, доксорубицин, мелфалан, блеомицин, 5-фторурацил, etc.
Most often emergence of bluish colouring of distalny departments of phalanxes develops owing to decrease in blood supply of capillaries (fig. 8). Patogenez is connected with increase of the contents in a blue blood of the restored haemoglobin. At Wilson-Konovalova and Agiry's illness the greatest okrashennost is got by a nail lunochka (fig. 9).
Drawing 8 Dark blue nails
Drawing 9 the Blue lunochka of a nail at Wilson-Konovalova illness
Brown, also, as well as black, colour of nails can be norm option among the Afro-American population. Nevertheless, now rather wide range of the pathological conditions painting a nail plate from light brown to brown flowers is known. Most often meeting are summarised in table 7. It is necessary to emphasise need of carrying out biopsiyny research for a melanoma exception.
- Chronic nephritic insufficiency
- AKTG hyper production (Addison's illness, cm of Nelson)
- Drugs: preparations of gold, platinum, доксорубицин, zidovudine, 5-фторурацил, антрациклины, etc.
- Chronic poisoning with arsenic
Drawing 10 Brown nails
Other changes of colouring of nails
(Fig. 11) the nail plate can get green colouring at infection of Pseudomonas aeruginosa or defeat by sort Candida mushrooms. The reddish shade is observed at stagnant warm insufficiency, teleangioektaziya (fig. 12).
Drawing 11 Green nails
Drawing 12 Teleangioektazys
In summary, for adequate dynamic supervision over nails, the knowledge of growth rate of a nail is necessary. And though this indicator has the essential individual distinctions, complete change of a nail plate borrows from 4th to 6 months. Most quicker nails grow on hands: hands: 0,5-1,0 mm in 10 days (and at lefthanders nails on the left hand, at right-handed persons rather grow, - on right); at young (for 30-50 %) men, summer (for 8-13 %) at night. More slowly nails grow standing (0,25 - 0,5 mm in 10 days) elderly women at winter night. Not all fingers grow equally. Most quicker there is the III finger, behind it II>, in decreasing order, follow I> to IV> to V.
List of references
- Differential diagnostics of skin diseases. The management for doctors. Under B.A.Berenbeyn, A.A.Studnitsina's edition, M, Medicine, 1989, 672 pages.
- Ilchenko V.A. Fizikalnye research methods. Diseases of respiratory organs. In book. «The guide to internal diseases» / Under Paleev N. R. M. edition: Medicine. 2000.
- Propaedeutics of internal diseases: (studies. lighted. for the student. honey in-tov) under the editorship of V.H.Vasilenko. - 3rd prod., reslave. and additional - M: Medicine, 1989.
- V.A.Molochkov, V.V.Badokin, etc. Psoriasis and psoriatichesky arthritis. Moscow 2007
- Scher RK. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and yellow nails. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1988; 18 (4 pt 1):758-9.
- Samman PD, White WF. The ‘yellow nail’ syndrome. Br J Dermatol. 1964; 76:153-7.
- Fatourechi V, Ahmed DD, Schwartz KM. Thyroid acropachy: report of 40 patients treated at a single institution in a 26-year period. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 87:5435-41
- Baran R, Dawber RPR, De Berker D, Haneke E, Tosti A, eds. Baran & Dawber s Diseases of the Nails and Their Management. 3rd ed. London, UK: Blackwell Publishing; 2001.
- Fleckman P, Lee J, Astion ML. Nail-Tutor: an image-based personal computer program that teaches the anatomy, patterns of pathology, and disorders of the nails. Dermatology Online Journal. 1997; 3 (2):2. http://dermatology.cdlib.org/
- Williams ME. Assessing the hands and wrists in elderly people. 2006. Medscape. http://www.medscape.com/viewprogram/5202/
- Samman PD, White WF; The "Yellow nail" syndrome. Br J Dermatol. 1964 Apr; 76:153-7.
- Razi E; Familial yellow nail syndrome. Dermatology Online Journal 2006, 12 (2):15.
- Tom DW, Scher RK. Biopsies of nails. Melanonychia striata in longitudinem. Am J Dermatopathol 1985; 7 suppl:161-3.
- Miura S, Jimbow K. Clinical characteristics of subungual melanomas in Japan: case report and a questionnaire survey of 108 cases. J Dermatol 1985; 12 (5):393-402.
- James, William; Berger, Timothy; Elston, Dirk (2005). Andrews Diseases of the Skin: Clinical Dermatology. (10th ed.).
- Schwartz RA, Vickerman CE. Muehrcke’s lines of the fingernails. Arch Intern Med. 1979; 139:242.
About what can tell nails>>>
Nails, part I: Changes of a form and sizes>>>
Nails, part II: Dystrophic changes>>>
Nails, part III: white, yellow, black nails>>>